Pines of Sarasota Residents Take Down the Sarasota-Manatee Ohio State Alumni ClubApril 10, 2018
12 People at One Senior Care Residential Community are Celebrating 100+ Years of LifeApril 10, 2018
Sarasota, FL: On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm, Pines of Sarasota Rehabilitation and Senior Care Community and Doctors Hospital of Sarasota will be holding a free-to-the-public event “Summer Symposium: Falls Prevention and Wellness for Seniors with Diabetes.
“According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) more than 29 million Americans are living with diabetes. Those aged 60 and older with diabetes are 1.6 times more likely to experience a fall and twice as likely to have falls with injuries. There are things you can do to prevent falls to stay fit, active, and healthy,” explains Amanda Harrison, Business Development and Ready & Steady Program Director at Pines of Sarasota.
Diabetes and Falls Prevention experts will address these topics:
- “READY & STEADY—A PLAN FOR BETTER BALANCE” – Amanda Harrison, Program Director
- “DIABETES & ORTHOPEDICS” – Charles Stewart, MD – Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- “HEALTHY COOKING DEMO” – Paul Evans, Food & Nutrition Services Director, Executive Chef
- “MONITORING, PROBLEM SOLVING, & REDUCING RISKS” – Sandra Uhran, RN, CDE – Dir. of Ed
- “HEALTHY EATING & YOUR DIET” – Rebecca Henson, MPT, MN, RD – Licensed Dietician
- “HEALTHY COPING WITH A CHRONIC ILLNESS” – Michael Fitzgerald, RN, BSN Director of Behavioral Health at Serenity Place
Registration begins at 9:30AM – Lunch is provided. Special thank you to Ready & Steady – A Plan for Better Balance community partners; the YMCA, Friendship Centers and 20 Minutes to Fitness.
To schedule an interview with one of the Symposium experts or with one of our experts, please call Lisabeth Begin, Publicist 727-243-6965.